In many cases, a roof can reach the end of its useful life without the signs of roof failure.
Whenever possible, you don’t want to delay on a roof that is old and worn. To prevent serious problems, it’s important to keep your eyes out for these tell-tale signs that you will need to contact Ascot roofers for a roof replacement.
Signs That You May Need to Replace Your Roof:
- Your shingles are beginning to cup or curl around the edges.
- Bald spots are appearing from missing granules.
- Your shingles are cracked.
- Your roof is older than 20 years. While today’s shingles are manufactured for durability, factors can drastically accelerate the aging of your roof’s shingles. For example, improper ventilation will negatively impact the life of your shingles.
- You notice that your neighbours are all installing new roofs. Houses in the same neighbourhood were often constructed around the same time period and experience the same weather conditions.
- Your roof just looks worn and old.
- There are visible dark streaks on your roof deck. Airborne algae are usually the cause of this. Although it might not affect your roof’s shingles, it may be a sign of more severe moisture issues beneath your deck.
- Moss will grow in cool, moisture-rich climates that don’t get a lot of sunlight. This might be more of a cosmetic issue, but moss can hold moisture against your roof’s surface as well as reduce the adherence of your granules.